resolv.conf manage more than 6 domains
Pouchoulon Jean-Marc
2002-04-25 10:34:26 UTC
Helo,
I want to have more than 6 domains in a search directive in resolv.conf on a
4.1.5 AIX system.
I compiled bind 9.2 ( wich permits up to 8 domains ) and with the new host
command offered per bind 9.2, it works.
But with a simple ping on a host wich have domain in the seventh place in
the search directive , it fails.
I Think the new resolver library I compiled is not use by the system, but
only by bind 9.2 tool's.

Is there is another way to manage more than six domains in a search
directive ?

--
Jean-Marc Pouchoulon
SIAR
Rectorat de Montpellier
Thomas Seyrat
2002-04-25 15:57:38 UTC
Post by Pouchoulon Jean-Marc
Is there is another way to manage more than six domains in a search
directive ?
You should edit lib/bind/include/resolv.h in BIND's sources, search
the #define MAXDNSRCH line, change its value from 6 to <whatever you
need>, then recompile.
Thomas Seyrat.
JM Pouchoulon

Rectorat de Montpellier
phn
2002-04-25 17:48:19 UTC
Post by Thomas Seyrat
Post by Pouchoulon Jean-Marc
Is there is another way to manage more than six domains in a search
directive ?
You should edit lib/bind/include/resolv.h in BIND's sources, search
the #define MAXDNSRCH line, change its value from 6 to <whatever you
need>, then recompile.
And install a new libc / resolv.dll on all your platforms.

Which ends up to a "NO" ansver on the question asked.
Post by Thomas Seyrat
--
Thomas Seyrat.
Remove "icke-reklam" and it works.
Danny Mayer
2002-04-27 22:40:16 UTC
Post by phn
Post by Thomas Seyrat
Post by Pouchoulon Jean-Marc
Is there is another way to manage more than six domains in a search
directive ?
You should edit lib/bind/include/resolv.h in BIND's sources, search
the #define MAXDNSRCH line, change its value from 6 to <whatever you
need>, then recompile.
And install a new libc / resolv.dll on all your platforms.
Which will do nothing for Windows platforms. Microsoft's software doesn't have
a resolv.dll and wouldn't use this.

Danny
Barry Margolin
2002-04-29 14:56:28 UTC
Post by Danny Mayer
Post by phn
And install a new libc / resolv.dll on all your platforms.
Which will do nothing for Windows platforms. Microsoft's software doesn't have
a resolv.dll and wouldn't use this.
It also doesn't have resolv.conf, so how is it relevant to this discussion?
The OP specifically said AIX.
Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA